Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Ping Unka, sports fans

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

How gives a chit about baseball. Lance Armstrong has crashed and
burned.
This Tour de
France he learns humble. I really hoped he could pull one more win out
but that hope is
dead. I'm hoping he supports the new team leader and ends his career
the
right way. I
think he will go out with his head up and supporting Team Radio Shack.
He
has grown a lot
along the way.

Wes

Jeez, maybe there's someone here who cares more about yacht racing. g

Surprisingly, there is. Even more surprisingly, it doesn't seem like much
interest in
bicycle racing. We are a fairly eclectic group. I'd have thought more
interest in bike
racing than yacht racing. Oh well, should we invite that guy from BP to
the group?

Wes

Sure. I used to like to watch bicycle racing (my dad was a track racer; I
raced road sprints in high school, and commuted to school on a track bike),
but I lost interest in everything but pursuit. Then I lost interest in that
as I lost track of who the racers were.

As for yacht racing, I was much more active in that, in college and through
the '70s, but *never* liked watching it. I enjoyed watching Ted Turner in
the '77 America's Cup, but that was the last of it for me.

I think a lot of our interest in watching sports competition has to do with
whether we're interested in the individual players/competitors.

--
Ed Huntress