Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Belt Sander Belt Tape

dpb wrote:
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Josepi" wrote in message
Looks like he solved his own probelm with some superglue.

Yep. I read that (didn't know it was him...) and figured it would
last a few days but that the glue was too brittle to last longer.

It was Jack Stein who said he had had success that way, not OP.

I'll have to try it; didn't think there would be much chance w/ it,
either so haven't done so. The info I got from Klingspor engineering is
what they use is a thermo- or UV-curable adhesive. I've not found the
communications, unfortunately; don't recall what I must've done w/ them
but not in any of the logical places (or at seem what to be logical now;
who knows what was thinking of then.. )

The glue I used was DURO QUICK GEL. I normally use it for gluing
leather cue tips to my pool cue. It's made my Locktite I believe and is
sold at Kmart, or used to be. The stuff dries in 10 seconds under
pressure, so clamping is not even needed. I pressed it firmly with a
hunk of wood across the joint and a paper towel under the joint. No
glue seeped out the top, but some did get on the paper towel, so I was
glad I took that precaution. I made sure I covered the entire joint
generously as some glue soaks into the cloth.

About my only concern now is will the glue get too brittle? It's been
over two weeks, and the glue dries in 10 seconds, so I'm feeling pretty
confident.

There may well be a better glue for this, but while all my instincts
said it wouldn't work, it has worked well.

--
Jack
Assault is a behavior, not a device.