Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Unsticking a frozen back brake cable

The one time I did this, used liquid wrench. Position the bike so that
one end of the cable sticks straight up. Expect to be there for a
while, with the little dripper can. But, the cable did free up.

I've also got a balky cable for my Blazer. For that, I used a 1 cc
syringe, with 25 ga x 5/8 needle. Pull the plunger out, and filled the
syringe with silicone spray. Inject under the boot, at the end of the
cable. Pump the parking brake pedal and release, five times every time
I get in the truck. When I can remember. Seems to be helping.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
....on a bicycle that hasn't been used in a while. It doesn't look
rusty, but that's probably what it is.

Liquid Wrench, or WD-40?

Bob