Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.energy

Default Estimating/Measuring Hot Water Heater Electrical Usage?

electric usage is largely dependent on hot water usage... standby
losses of newer tanks is very low, and yours should have a brite
yellow energy label on it.... detailing normal consumption...

beyond that why do you want to know?

someone trying to sell you a tankless? you believe your tank is
running up your electric bill?

what other electric power hungry appliances do you have? electric
dryer? electric stove? AC, espically window units///

I had a neighbor once tear out his seldom used electric pole light,
and replace it with a gas one in a attempt to cut his electric bill.

I tried to tell him the problem was his electric dryer that ran
constantly he was carrying for his elderly mom.stem emnated constantly
from the dryer vent...

no he believed it was his pole light that was hardely ever on. and
refused to believe a gas dryer would cost less to operate than
electric.....

so whats up with you?