Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stu Fields Stu Fields is offline

Default Solar power

" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 7:37 pm, "Stu Fields" wrote:

Would have to analyze the tracker. We get a lot of dirt blowing that would
raise hell with gear drives. There is obviously a trade off between
increased production and increased system cost. The tracker will cost more
in maintenance??? Right now we have no moving parts.

Since I haven't signed any kind of non-disclosure, here is the web
site URL for my PV tracking customer:

http://www.pvtrackers.com/

Paul

Paul: Thanks for the link. The photos don't look like a very sturdy
installation. I'm going to ask them about wind loading. We have seen 80mph
winds here in the desert and 50mph gusts aren't unusual.
It does look like we could get more from less # panels. However, we would
lose our car port..tee hee.
I'll ask them about the cost of one of their 20 panel trackers.
Thanks again for the link