Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 03:54:46 -0700 (PDT), Jethro
wrote:

On 15 July, 12:02, Another Dave wrote:
For years I've parked at Lidl in Uttoxeter. I've done my shopping in
town and returned to shop in Lidl; fair enough I have used their car
park. This morning I returned to find a £90 parking ticket issued by
UKPC issued the minute I left Lidl's car park.

There is a sign which says in BIG letters that parking is restricted to
2 hours and below this, in much smaller letters, that you must not leave
the site. It appears they employ somebody to watch you leave and issue a
ticket (but not to warn you that you're in danger of a ticket). They
don't care if you shop at Lidl or not.

*From now on I won't be shopping at Lidl or anywhere else that employs UKPC.

Another Dave

AFAIAA these charges are uneforceable ...

All in all they fall down on about 10 grounds.

There is nothing about them which is legal.

Derek