Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro[_5_] Jethro[_5_] is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

On 15 July, 12:02, Another Dave wrote:
For years I've parked at Lidl in Uttoxeter. I've done my shopping in
town and returned to shop in Lidl; fair enough I have used their car
park. This morning I returned to find a £90 parking ticket issued by
UKPC issued the minute I left Lidl's car park.

There is a sign which says in BIG letters that parking is restricted to
2 hours and below this, in much smaller letters, that you must not leave
the site. It appears they employ somebody to watch you leave and issue a
ticket (but not to warn you that you're in danger of a ticket). They
don't care if you shop at Lidl or not.

*From now on I won't be shopping at Lidl or anywhere else that employs UKPC.

Another Dave

AFAIAA these charges are uneforceable ...