Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:26:05 +0100, Donwill wrote:
On 15/07/2010 12:02, Another Dave wrote:
For years I've parked at Lidl in Uttoxeter. I've done my shopping in
town and returned to shop in Lidl; fair enough I have used their car
park. This morning I returned to find a £90 parking ticket issued by
UKPC issued the minute I left Lidl's car park.

There is a sign which says in BIG letters that parking is restricted
to 2 hours and below this, in much smaller letters, that you must not
leave the site. It appears they employ somebody to watch you leave and
issue a ticket (but not to warn you that you're in danger of a
ticket). They don't care if you shop at Lidl or not.

From now on I won't be shopping at Lidl or anywhere else that employs
UKPC.

Another Dave

If Lidll have a problem with lack of space in their car park the thing
to do is to reduce the parking time from 2hrs to something less than one
hour. How long does it take to shop in Lidls ? half an hour is probably
enough, add another say 15 mins for the slow coaches, surely that's the
sensible approach.
Don

But if that's as long as it takes (and no-one overstays by leaving the
site) then there's nothing to be gained from dropping the limit from 2 hours.
Since everyone would be in-parked-shopped-out in the 45 minutes it takes.
Unless that Lidls car park is a destination in its own right and people
go there for the experience - though I can't imagine why.

--
www.thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/page2.php