Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stu Fields Stu Fields is offline

Default Ping Unka, sports fans

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Stu Fields wrote:

Dang Richard now you are making it worse. Wine & Cheese parties on the
deck of the McGregor at night in the lagoon were beyond belief. I was
more intoxicated by the night sailing than I was by the wine... We found
we could actually put up with federal government BS for a day after a
night sail.

Stu

Juxtaposition

It's late Friday night, about 2 AM. We have a light southwest breeze and
the water is glassy smooth.

The moon has already set tonight and the few lights around the lake are
barely visible. It's easy to imagine oak planks, canvas sails, and the
smell of tar and salt as we glide silently across the water.

I'm thinking this is what it must have been like 200 years past, a wooden
ship sailing by the stars alone.

The stars. Looking up and searching the familiar constellations I notice
a tiny speck of white light moving steadily through the heavens.

The International Space Station is sailing across the sky in the Twenty
First Century.

And I'm down here sailing across the 19th.

Yeah Kwajalein Lagoon at night or making passage around another atoll at
night. There are NO lights except the stars. What a humbling experience to
look up and register your size and importance.
Christ why did we ever come back to Obamaville.