Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default sound proofing 2x4 existing interior wall

On Jul 15, 8:56*am, " wrote:
On Jul 15, 6:34*am, ransley wrote:

On Jul 14, 10:58*pm, " wrote:

On Jul 14, 11:54*pm, mart wrote:

What would be more effective: Another layer of dryall and green glue or
acousti-seal on 1 side or filling the wall with cellulose? Studs are NOT
offset. Thanks

minimally expanding closed cell foam, and perhaps a additonal layer of
drywall on those floating supports.

Have you used foam and know it works, I used foam board on the outside
and it Magnified certain sound frequencies that now sound like there
are inside the house. Hit a piece foam it resonates loudly, the
objective of insulation is to absorb energy I know drywall works.

foam STOPS air inflitration that carries most noise, probably best to
gut the wall install acoustic drywall on one side, install spry in
foam, then install the remaing acoustic drywall.... drywall on
floating mount appears better too

Sound travels and stopping air doesnt stop sound. Have you put foam on
your walls to test it, have you build or worked in music studios and
have a knowledge of sound, I do. As I said foam will do nothing in
certain frequencies and in my place makes certain sounds seem louder,
soft materials or materials that absorb work best