Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R.[_3_] Jeff R.[_3_] is offline

Default On the trail anecdote

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

So why do people carry the poodle caliber?

Hmmm...
I suspect James "PPK" Bond might offer a contrary opinion..

....and if anyone suggests that I'm using fiction to support a factual claim,
well, I think *that* accusation could be more accurately directed to
"someone else" (think "Walter Mitty") in this thread (and this group, for
that matter.)

Besides, I'd trust James Bond to be accurate and fact-based way ahead of
"Great-Cull" Gunner.

Also - at the risk of invoking Godwin's, it seems that "poodle calibre" was
enough to finish off Adolph himself...
(Well - OK - it was pretty close range, but it seems to have done the job.)

--
Jeff R.

No smartarse sig today.
No need.