Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Ping Unka, sports fans

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Stu Fields wrote:

Jeez, maybe there's someone here who cares more about yacht racing.

Ed Huntress
Yep Ed you've found one. After campaigning a Cal 20 and a McGregor
36 cat, we do like watching the yacht racing. Maybe it is just our
familiarity, but the B and F balls do not get our attention. For
that matter neither does NASCAR (Oops that may be un-American)

Stu & Kathy Fields
Welcome to my world...

From dinghies to the A Cup.
And a few C cups now and then...
It's one of those sports that I always loved doing, but not watching.
And that includes Newport in '77.

Well, then DO it...

Cape Dory 25, 1974, Round Pond Harbor, Maine, $5,500, Price reduced
7/8/10 to $5,000

http://www.sailingtexas.com/scapedory25104.html

That's about what I paid for my Typhoon, new. g Of course, that
included the Seagull.

I'm not buying boats right now, Richard. I told you why I quit sailing,
right? Full-body vitiligo. I hate sailing at night, or covered up like a
mummy. That's why I fish at 5:00 AM and quit at 9:00 AM.

No, I don't recall THAT reason, but ok, yeah, makes sense...

I may not have mentioned all of the ailments. That one doesn't make it
impossible, but it takes a lot of fun out of it. Add up a variety of other
reasons, and owning a sailboat is low on my list these days.

But I love to sail at night...
Right now we are hitting 107 or so during the day.
So no worries about frostbite!