Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Ping Unka, sports fans

Stu Fields wrote:

Dang Richard now you are making it worse. Wine & Cheese parties on the deck
of the McGregor at night in the lagoon were beyond belief. I was more
intoxicated by the night sailing than I was by the wine... We found we
could actually put up with federal government BS for a day after a night
sail.

Stu

Juxtaposition

It's late Friday night, about 2 AM. We have a light southwest breeze and the
water is glassy smooth.

The moon has already set tonight and the few lights around the lake are barely
visible. It's easy to imagine oak planks, canvas sails, and the smell of tar
and salt as we glide silently across the water.

I'm thinking this is what it must have been like 200 years past, a wooden ship
sailing by the stars alone.

The stars. Looking up and searching the familiar constellations I notice
a tiny speck of white light moving steadily through the heavens.

The International Space Station is sailing across the sky in the Twenty First
Century.

And I'm down here sailing across the 19th.