Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:53:09 +0100, "John" wrote:

From now on I won't be shopping at Lidl or anywhere else that employs
UKPC.
Another Dave

Whilst I can't agree with Lidl's use of UKPC, I hardly think you've got any
right to feel aggrieved about it. By your own admission you've been doing
this and getting away with it for years

Yes, a mutually beneficial arrangement under a different set of terms.

and yet now you've been caught
you're whingeing about it on here??

There's a retail park around here that's always difficult to find a parking
space on - no wonder if the car park is full of cars belonging to *******

There's absolutely zero probability of that.

like you who are somewhere else. This is exactly WHY retail parks are
introducing these schemes.

Why and there was I thinking the car park operator had been offered a
cut of the proceeds. I must be stupid.

Common courtesy and consideration for others obviously mean nothing to you
do they?

All the major supermarkets around here (We've all except Waitrose)
within 3 Km plus the White Rose shopping centre offer free
uncontrolled parking and have done so for years, and I certainly owe
no duty of consideration to Reggie Kray (Successors Ltd) trading as
Shyster, Flywheel and Shyster car parking controls.

Just why, exactly, do you think it's acceptable to park up in one
shopping place and then go do your shopping elsewhere?

They offer car parking, I gratefully accept. The establishments
"Elsewhere"might well recprocate by offering parking of their own.

Should they so choose It would be perfectly easy for them to make a 2
quid (say) charge and offer a refund at the till against a £5.00 (or
whatever) purchase. Many do.

Are you trying to tell us you move the car to a new parking space
every time you go from the supermarket to the bank, to the post
office, building society etc ?

Whatever, there is no legal basis for imposing a £90.00 charge. In
England a private company cannot impose penalties of their own
(whatever next?), they can only make a charge for carrying out a
service they deliver under a freely negotiated contract, but no such
contract exists. A contract is not established merely by one party
sticking a notice up on a lamp post..

Derek