Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Solar power

Stu Fields wrote:
Having welding, machining, and ceramic equipment, our power bill was
getting out of hand. ( than $200/mo) We recently installed 30- 230w
solar panels and now have watched our power meter go backwards at
rates up to 6sec/rev. In just a few days our panels generated more
than 200kwh and one of those days had cloud cover. Oh and we used
the solar installation to also create a car port. It may take a few
years to recover the cost, but just watching that meter go backwards
was worth quite a bit.

in may i put in a 7.5kw solar installation, just in time for the main summer
a/c season. last month's bill was $40, whereas same month last year was
$200.

the rebates covered 80%, payback is estimated at 4.5 years. panels are
guaranteed for 25 years. converter is guaranteed for 10 years.

you'll want to rinse them off occasionally. i do so about ever 3-4 weeks, as
the dust builds up. cleaning will get me a 3-5% gain.

regards,
charlie
phx, az