Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
I.curious I.curious is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

AlanG has brought this to us :
Replacing pads depends also on the disc thickness. It wears too you
know. Quite possible to need a change at 5 or 6 mm depending on the
mechanical characteristics and wear. But even on a good disc I've been
recommended it should be done at a minimum of 2mm. Safety first.

New pads will have around 10mm thickness of friction material on them.
Those pads look to have around 2.5 to 3mm left and depending on car
need to be changed at around 2mm.

On the pics they look borderline.

They look to be just on the comfortable side of borderline to me. Were
I the mechanic I would also have recommended fitting new, for safety.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)