Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

Another Dave wrote:
For years I've parked at Lidl in Uttoxeter. I've done my shopping in
town and returned to shop in Lidl; fair enough I have used their car
park. This morning I returned to find a £90 parking ticket issued by
UKPC issued the minute I left Lidl's car park.

Exactly the same scam is operating in the local retail park. First exposed
in the local rag when a pensioner left the car park to use the public
toilets opposite (no toilets on retail park).

He was shopping in the B&Q and had the till reciepts. Made page 2 with
pictures of him outside B&Q. Ticket cancelled.

Local Wickes has a similar thing, maximum 1 hour stay. I went in to price
up some stuff, then had a bacon roll at the stall in the car park & made a
few calls, so I overstayed the hour.

Wrote to Wickes & the parking company on two fronts; reminding Wickes of
the £5K I spent with them last year and also claiming that under The Unfair
Contract Terms Act fines or charges cannot be punative, but must reflect any
loss suffered. I said that if they could prove Wickes lost £90 because I
was in a space for over an hour I would pay up, or they could take me to
court.

Surprise surprise the both fell over & appologised.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk