Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

Default Are these car brakes worn?

harry wrote:
On 15 July, 17:40, Andy Burns wrote:
Jo wrote:
I paid with cheque. So yes I paid the VAT.

Fair enough.

Regardless of how or little the pads were actually worn down, they do
look rather crumbled away at the edges, impossible to say now whether
they were like that before they started removing them, but I wouldn't
fancy them on my car, and it doesn't sound like the price they charged
you was OTT, you'd probably have come away more skint if you'd gone to
one of the "big name" chains ...

They are crumbled at the edges where he has used a screwdriver or
similar to prise them out.

Jemmy. The fact that he neded to do that shows some fairly bad callipers
as well.