Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
martin martin is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

On 15/07/2010 17:54, Cicero wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 09:21:29 -0700, Jo wrote:

No, I asked a tradesman to give me a discount. I didn't ask him to cheat
the system.

Very well then, you asked a tradesman to gift you a part of his wages
because you claim to be hard up but not too hard up to afford to run a
car.

Oh bull****. If you haven't asked for discounts you're paying over the
odds and are a mug. I've even got away with it a couple of times in
Sainsburys when I thought something was overpriced.

I'm better with people than anything mechanical.

I think the fact that you consider a person to be 'shifty' because he
suggests a way to give you the discount you asked for would suggest that
your people skills are no better than your mechanical skills.

No, it's shifty because he said he wouldn't put the trade through the
books. Not only shifty, but illegal as well.