Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
martin martin is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

On 15/07/2010 17:34, Reg wrote:
Jo wrote:

"I'm a skint student, can you please give me a discount?" and he said
"If
you pay cash with no receipt we can take the VAT off".

It seems that you're the 'shifty' character - asking an honest tradesman
to cheat the system for your benefit.

No, I asked a tradesman to give me a discount. I didn't ask him to
cheat the system.

You wanted £20 out of the guys pocket?

No he didn't, he wanted to negotiate on price. Haven't you ever asked
for a discount on anything? Good grief why are you picking on the poor
guy just for asking for a discount.

I don't ask anymore, if I'm in an independent place I demand one, never
been refused, even Specsavers will give a discount if you say you want one.