Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Ian[_9_] Ian[_9_] is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

"Ste" wrote in message
On 15 July, 13:35, "John Whitworth"
wrote:

Second attempt was from a garage that I'd actually started to
trust. They
replaced my clutch as a result of a failed seal, which leaked loads
of
antifreeze into the bellhousing. Not sure how that happened - or if
it was
true.

That's actually more common than you may think!

Is it? I can understand a faulty seal allowing sump oil into the
bellhousing area, but not antifreeze. Unless he has a watercooled
clutch, of course........ (or, possibly, a defective intercooler which
is allowing antifreeze into the oil, in which case a failed seal is
the least of his problems).