Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Reg Reg is offline

Default Are these car brakes worn?

Jo wrote:

Arrrgh! I am sooo angry. Cheating students must call for the lowest sort
of scum.

Did he even know you were a student? Do you think students should be
treated differently to anybody else?

Yes he did know I was a student, because I said "I'm a skint student,
can you please give me a discount?" and he said "If you pay cash with
no receipt we can take the VAT off".

I think fleecing anyone is despicable but fleecing a hard up person is
more so!!

Jo

I hope you don't come anywhere near my business with your paranoid
insinuations. It looks like the guy has done a good job. It is standard
practise to use a lever to seperate the pads and push the pistons back
into the cylinders. You are also *not* insured to be in their workshop
near dangerous equipment.