Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

mike wrote:
On Jul 15, 2:53 pm, "John" wrote:
Another Dave wrote:
For years I've parked at Lidl in Uttoxeter. I've done my shopping in
town and returned to shop in Lidl; fair enough I have used their car
park. This morning I returned to find a £90 parking ticket issued by
UKPC issued the minute I left Lidl's car park.

There is a sign which says in BIG letters that parking is restricted
to 2 hours and below this, in much smaller letters, that you must
not leave the site. It appears they employ somebody to watch you
leave and issue a ticket (but not to warn you that you're in danger
of a ticket). They don't care if you shop at Lidl or not.

From now on I won't be shopping at Lidl or anywhere else that
employs UKPC.
Another Dave

Whilst I can't agree with Lidl's use of UKPC, I hardly think you've
got any right to feel aggrieved about it. By your own admission
you've been doing this and getting away with it for years and yet
now you've been caught you're whingeing about it on here??

There's a retail park around here that's always difficult to find a
parking space on - no wonder if the car park is full of cars
belonging to ******* like you who are somewhere else. This is
exactly WHY retail parks are introducing these schemes.

Common courtesy and consideration for others obviously mean nothing
to you do they? Just why, exactly, do you think it's acceptable to
park up in one shopping place and then go do your shopping elsewhere?

Which part of "returned to shop in Lidl" didn't you understand, John?

Oh, I understood it quite alright thanks. Probably about 10 minutes or less
spent in Lidl justifies hours using a parking space that others may want to
use does it? No, it doesn't.

If Lidl allow 2 hrs parking on condition that you shop there, what
difference does it make to them whether you use some of that 2 hrs to
shop elsewhere too or if you buy a can of beans and then spend the
rest of the two hours reading the paper, having a fag and laughing at
self-righteous ******* called John circling the carpark in their
invalid carriages?

The sign says 2 hours now but I'll bet "Another Dave" left his car there
longer than 2 hours in the months and years before Lidl got UKPC in and the
sign appeared. And if others were doing it as well, maybe Lidl had a car
park full of cars that would have implied great takings for the day but
actually amounted to very little revenue, so they felt they had to get a
company in to look after the car park.