Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default sound proofing 2x4 existing interior wall

On Jul 14, 10:58*pm, " wrote:
On Jul 14, 11:54*pm, mart wrote:

What would be more effective: Another layer of dryall and green glue or
acousti-seal on 1 side or filling the wall with cellulose? Studs are NOT
offset. Thanks

minimally expanding closed cell foam, and perhaps a additonal layer of
drywall on those floating supports.

Have you used foam and know it works, I used foam board on the outside
and it Magnified certain sound frequencies that now sound like there
are inside the house. Hit a piece foam it resonates loudly, the
objective of insulation is to absorb energy I know drywall works.