Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Syme Harry Syme is offline

Default Shed in communal garden

"Clot" wrote in message
news:aso_n.108280$sD7.25566@hurricane...
Tim Watts wrote:
SS
wibbled on Sunday 11 July 2010 12:24

As far as I am aware if you do `proper` brick (or concrete)
foundations for a wooden shed or garage then you must apply for
planning permission. I am not sure if there is a size implecation.
This being the case if they had applied for planning permission it is
likely you would have received a letter to see if you objected to it.

That's not true.

Agreed for E&W. Scotland?

which part isnt true ?

i do know that according to edinburgh council you do indeed need planning
permission for foundations?

does anyone know for certain what the legal situation is....dont they need
permission from all the people who share/own the communal garden?