Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default How Much Concrete Can A Pickup Carry?

On Jul 14, 12:02*am, Kate wrote:
Hi All,

My Dad is loaning me his 1989 Dodge Ram, the sports model so it is not a
huge truck, to haul concrete and posts, etc. for a new vinyl gate and
fence. *I just finished gating in one end of my back yard, but now am
ready to do the other end.

I need 15 bags of pre-mixed concrete. *Each bag weighs 60 pounds.
Can this little truck handle 900 pounds?

I sure don't want to risk damaging this truck. *You may get a chuckle
out of it, but Dad keeps it spit shined, and it only has 21,000 miles on
it. *The only thing I really miss in it is that there are no air bags.

I will be hauling the concrete 24 miles from my home.

Thanks for your help.

Kate

How old are the tires and what type, be sure to inflate them cold to
just under the maximum, if the are 89 or have visable rot forget the
trip.