Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Gulf Disaster: a geologists take

Robatoy wrote:

These are people who only care about 'yield'. Now their gold is
flowing into the Gulf instead of their coffers. They truly don't give
a rat's ass about the environment other than the fact that it affects
their 'brand'. Yes, BP would like to stop the negative publicity but
their true and main concern is to have their cake AND eat it too. They
want to look good, but keep the oil as well.
They would like to make that naughty well pay for the clean-up.

No argument about their primary motives - they are after all, a for profit
company. What's wrong with that though? Do you really care what they would
rather do, or do you care that they do the right thing(s)? As long as they
do the right thing(s), I really don't care if the motive was so they could
continue to make profits (oil company profits would be a whole different
discussion thread), and I don't expect a for profit company to genuinely
hold motives that would be more reflective of touchy-feeling organizations.
Of course they should want to keep that well - why would anyone think
otherwise?

--

-Mike-