Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RS & Parcelforce

stuart noble wrote:
geoff wrote:
In message Ou%_n.142136$wi5.92064@hurricane, stuart noble
writes
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jul 13, 3:11 pm, stuart noble wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jul 13, 1:26 pm, stuart noble wrote:
So find out, rather than whinging about it here. Most courier firms
have a system of disclaimers that you have to fill in for
subsequent
deliveries. One (Either Fedex or UPS I believe) carry the forms
on the
van. It works for me.
It's not for me to "find out", it's up to the supplier to provide
details of the delivery method if he wants my business.
shrug
Shrug sums up the attitude of a lot of shortly to go out of business
companies.
Business has never been better.
MBQ

Could be better still if you got rid of the shrug.

No - there are some customers who it's just better to do without

its not always just about the money

If a customer insists on being a ****, I'm quite happy to tell them to
go elsewhere. Of course, that involves them finding the elusive
"elsewhere". They stand to lose out and I don't need the custom

And what do they have to do to be viewed as a ****?

Typically wants 24 hour signed for delivery to a place that has no one
at home IME ;-)

I trust wanting to
know how, and by whom, the item will be delivered doesn't count.

What's your postman's name then? we can put that on the
parcel.'Delivered to Prat, by Pat'