Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Small engine starting problem

I did replace a battery cable, and clean the terminals and also the
terminals on the starter and solenoid no fix. I put in KNOWN good
battery, no fix. I haven't tried jumping from another battery. I did
find that the coil wire was twisted together and replaced it with a
connector, no fix. I hook the battery charger directly to the battery,
which is the only way to get it to start.

Starter turns just as fast with charger as without charger, or good
battery. The coil was replaced thinking it was a weak coil.

I am sooooo confused.

Hank ~~~never seen this problem before