Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default White roofs

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 03:24:10 -0400, mm
wrote:

But in the mid fall and early spring, I turned off the roof fan so the

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure that in the summer, the roof fan turns on a
little later and off a little earlier, maybe 30 to 45 minutes at each
end. I did pay attention, because I was curious, but I didn't keep
written records with the old roof, and maybe I'm wrong.

attic got as hot as possible and I used the heat of the attic to warm
the house. That doesn't seem to work anymore. It was only good for
2 to 4 degrees but it was also the difference between closing the
windows and turning on the heat, versus leaving them open and heating
a little bit the house from attic.