John Watson

Default R63 Reflector bulbs

"Sparks" wrote in message ...
I am after a quantity of R63 reflector light bulbs...

Easy you may reply

BUT

I am after some energy saving ones!

Hi Sparks & the others, -- R63 5W lamp --
A rather different thread - my energy saving / cosy evening light tip.

I have ONE of the above lights in my kicthen, in the corner by the
kettle,
5W from CPC, in an R63 size. Its on its own 2-w switch circuit. The
one I have gives off quite a nice green-ish glow.

Its great for these darker nights & we often leave it on all evening,
eg. making a cuppa after watching TV or letting the pooch out, or
getting up in the night to let pooch out or "tell" him to shut up (!!)

I also have six normal R63 ones for cooking etc. You need your shades
on when first turn these on!
In another double R63 (it is a big kitchen/ dining rm area) I have
fitted 50W halogen R63s to this which are nicer, but not a lot more £.

IMO it is nice to have different lights for different activities, esp.
in a kitchen.

Andrew G's fancy ones look interesting.