Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Replacement windows or new storms and screens?

On Jul 13, 9:01*pm, "Confuzzled in Sloatsburg"
wrote:
We are giving consideration to replacing our 40 year old wood windows. *They
are drafty and bugs get in through the screens.

We are planning on selling the house in 3 to 7 years.

Here is what we see our options as being:

Replacing with vinyl
Replacing with wood
Replacing JUST the storms and screens
Not replacing anything at all

Are there any other options that I am missing?

HEEELP!!!
Confuzzled in Sloatsburg

"Are there any other options that I am missing?"

Yeah: Move now! g

One major advantage of VRW that most people don't bring up is the
convenience.

We like to open our windows when it's nice out - year round - but
obviously we want them closed when we use the AC or heat.

For maximum efficiency, not only should the windows be closed but the
storms should down also. It was really a pain to open and close the
old triple track storms, especially while reaching over a desk or bed.

With VRW, it's a one handed operation - so easy that there's no
hesitation when deciding to open/close the windows.

Even if you are moving in 3 - 7 years, that's a lot of "convenience"
to think about.

If you're handy, you can get a good price on windows at a contractor's
supply house and save a huge amount of money by doing them yourself -
and at your own pace. That's what I did and I couldn't be happier.