Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement windows or new storms and screens?

On Jul 13, 9:07*pm, LouB wrote:
Confuzzled in Sloatsburg wrote:
We are giving consideration to replacing our 40 year old wood windows. *
They are drafty and bugs get in through the screens.

We are planning on selling the house in 3 to 7 years.

Here is what we see our options as being:

Replacing with vinyl
Replacing with wood
Replacing JUST the storms and screens
Not replacing anything at all

Are there any other options that I am missing?

HEEELP!!!
Confuzzled in Sloatsburg

You need to do an economic analysis.
Cost versus payback.
Also, replacing entire windows could be a big pain in terms of mess.- Hide quoted text -

I had all my steel casement windows replaced 20+ years ago. no mess no
hassle at all.

BRAND NEW windows will increase home value the most