Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cheap Globe light mounted vertically?

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:42:04 -0700 (PDT), Michael Cortese
wrote:

I appreciate the advice, but it actually is an issue. We go in there
dozens of times a day and sometimes for 2 seconds- like to grab a
coke. I also believe CFL are not intended for that kidn of constant on/
off use.

I agree. Not counting using it, I go in the bathroom only 3 or 4
times a day and it's a rreal pain to wait until the lights warm up.
And it takes either 10 or 15 seconds for them to warm up, I forget.

I'm pretty sure if you look under the fixture, it's rated for 60
watts. And I understand why one might tighten the screws more when
it it is horizontal. When it's vertical, leaveing one still leaves it
the globe straight. But when horizontal, one would have the feeling
it was drooping, even if in fact it barely was.