Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Electric Meter

On Jul 13, 10:19*am, blueman wrote:
(Doug Miller) writes:
In article , Jim Elbrecht wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote:

-snip-

Your electric and gas meters were inside the house? Yeah,
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Pretty common in the northeast in old houses in the cities. * *

My water meter is still in my basement and I've been reading it every
6 months for 25 years. * * *Supposed to go to electronic, remote read
meters this summer.

I have *never* seen either a gas or electric meter inside a house. Water
meters, sure. Gas and electric? Won't believe it without a photo.

My gas meter is inside - pipe comes in underground. Just about all
installations are like this in the northeast.

Not true. Our gas meters were outside.

Water is also all inside.

Yes, with a remote digital display outside.

Electricity depends. Older installations are inside. Newer ones are
typically outside.

Where "newer" = fifty years.