Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default What is the logic of banging DOWN on a crankshaft to remove a flywheel?

In article ,
"James H." wrote:

please let's all
agree that the right way to remove THIS flywheel is to tap the holes and
pull with the Briggs & Stratton flywheel puller P/N: BS 19069.

1. After we've all disagreed with you, now we're going to agree because
you said "please?" That's very optimistic of you.

2. I do hereby publicly commend you for remaining polite while some of
your detractors have not.

3. The title of *this thread* is "what is the logic ..." In that vein,
I have a followup question: Do you or do you not now understand the
logic?