Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window AC Compressor won't shut off

LRA (Locked Rotor Amps) is onlly an issue if the compressor motor
jams. However, the lower amp rating suggests the 110 volt thermostat
might not have sturdy enough electrical contacts. The worst that could
happen, the contacts might weld shut and you'd have a second
thermostat that's bad.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Jul 12, 1:30 pm, " wrote:
On Jul 11, 8:24 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Thanks. Nice to hear a kind word, once in a while. I got your
picture,
but not sure what it was, or what was going on, in the pic. No big
loss.

Glad it worked out well, for you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Yeah Good call Christopher, looks like thats what it is, see my
post
above with the
pictures.http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...t.com/albums/c......
Thanks, Tony

This is a 220V unit.
Do you know If I could swap out the one from a 110V unit I am not
using , As long as there are only 2 connections going to it,till I
get
the new one ordered.
I have to get it on line, as no one local carries it.
The old T-Stat does say on it;120/277 VAC. Have not looked at the
one
in the 110V unit yet.
Thanks, Tony

Well Maybe I better not!?
The 220 Volt unit states;
20/20 FLA
80/80 LRA
120/277
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ec220VUnit.jpg

Where the 110 Volt Unit states
12/6 FLA
60/30 LRA
120/240
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...cs110VUnit.jpg
Looks like the T stat from the 110 Volt unit may not be able to handle
the amps.

Thanks, Tony