Posted to alt.home.repair
NGDirect NGDirect is offline

Default Vinyl Fence Post

"Kate" wrote in message
A friend helped me install a 42 inch vinyl gate and panel. It is 6' tall,
and it is a privacy gate which makes it heavier. The panel is not very
wide - about three lengths. Most of the structure is the gate, as it is a
small area.

We filled the post with the hinges on it completely full of concrete, as
this is where most of the weight will be.

Do you recommend putting concrete on the post that the latch is on?
I was also thinking of just filling it with rocks.

What does everyone recommend?

Many thanks.

Kate

I'd recommend following the manufactures recommendations / instructions for
how to handle these posts.