Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ant30dio@yahoo.com is offline

Default Window AC Compressor won't shut off

On Jul 12, 2:42*pm, " wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:30*pm, " wrote:

On Jul 11, 8:24*pm, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Thanks. Nice to hear a kind word, once in a while. I got your picture,
but not sure what it was, or what was going on, in the pic. No big
loss.

Glad it worked out well, for you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Yeah Good call Christopher, looks like thats what it is, see my post
above with the pictures.http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=htt...t.com/albums/c......
Thanks, Tony

This is a 220V unit.
Do you know If I could swap out the one from a 110V unit I am not
using , As long as there are only 2 connections going to it,till I get
the new one ordered.
I have to get it on line, as no one local carries it.
The old T-Stat does say on it;120/277 VAC. Have not looked at the one
in the 110V unit yet.
Thanks, Tony

Well Maybe I better not!?
The 220 Volt unit states;
20/20 FLA
80/80 LRA
120/277http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc268/mrbreezeet1/Upload%20and%20f...

Where the 110 Volt Unit states
12/6 FLA
60/30 LRA
120/240http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc268/mrbreezeet1/Upload%20and%20f...
Looks like the T stat from the 110 Volt unit may not be able to handle
the amps.

Thanks, Tony

I ordered the T-Stat today from repair clinic.com,and it will be here
tomorrow they said. That is quick!
I just put the 110 volt T-Stat back in the 110 Volt unit and put it in
another window for now. It's nowhere as powerful as the 220 unit, But
I can cool the room with the 220 Volt unit (T-Stat jumped out) and use
the little one to maintain the temperature.

Question;
There is a large capacitor in the 220 V unit, after I unplug the unit,
can I just short the capacitor leads to the case one at at time, or do
I need to use some type of shunt, like a light bulb.
Thanks, Tony