Frisket

Default Correct way to wire in an electric oven

"Me" wrote in message

On the subject of which.... I've a cooker rated 2.8kW. I can't see any

good reason not to
extend the radial cct from the cooker switch to a 13A socket and put a 13A

plug on a suitable
flex to the cooker (all run in 6mm^2 and protected at the CU witha 32A

mCB). Makes maintenance
easy since the cooker just unplugs and introduces discrimination since I

can put a 10A fuse in
the plug. Any disadvantages or reasons *not* to do this?

If by cooker you mean oven then what you suggest is pretty much standard
practise - it's the 6.5+kw hobs that need hard wiring.
Richard.