Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default Gluing a metal cap on a post (was Making a metal cap for a wooden post)

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 4 July, 01:02, Roger Dewhurst wrote:

Get a stainless steel bowl of the right size and hammer into into the
shape that you want.

Not the easiest job, to work stainless like that!

In the end, I got some roofing lead and have battered it into shape. Apart
freom needing a little trimming up, it doesn't look too bad. Now I need to
make sure that it stays there on top of the post. (It will be accessible to
the public). Any suggestions as to what kind of glue would be best?

Tim