Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Support for Kneewall

On Jul 12, 9:43*am, "desgnr" wrote:
I built a 6' long *x 42" high kneewall between my Diningroom & Kitchen.
But if i push on the end of the wall it moves a little.
I want to put a Column at the end for support,but don't know how to attach
it to the ceiling & not see brackets.
Any suggestion's appreciated.

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

Unless you extend the column material down into the kneewall some you
are just going to create another wobble point.

Have you put sheetrock on it? If not that might be enough to tighten
it.

I would run something down from the inside of the kneewall into the
space below. Then fast it to the nearest floor joist or tie it to 2
joist using a cross piece.