Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they make ..........

Sounds like industrial variation of the old mouse trap. Best of luck,
hope it works fine for you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

We get rock squirrels here. Huge *******s. Stripped two of my almond
trees. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

Going to take a big plastic barrel with no top. Cut a piece of pipe
about
2x the diameter of the barrel. Make it so that it balances half on
the
barrel, half sticking out at a right angle. Put a stop on the end
over the
barrel so that it cannot flip up, only down. Cut said pipe down a
little
into the barrel so that as it tips down, the inside of the edge of the
barrel will keep Mr. Squirrel from running out that end. Balance it
exactly
so that it always returns to horizontal, hitting the stop above it.
Put a
limb diagonal up to the entry of the pipe. Slather the inside with
peanut
butter. Mr. Squirrel goes in, the end of the pipe rests against the
upper
stop above the end, making it feel solid. And once past center, his
weight
causes the pipe to tip vertical, dumping him into water that is
squirrel
deep plus six inches. Inside of pipe must be slick, as inside of
white/black sewer pipe is, so he can't get any traction to run out. I
think
when it tips, it will dump him so fast that he won't have time to run
out,
and they weigh like three pounds, so he should drop pretty fast.
He'll also
be headed downhill, so will take him a bit to turn around. Considered
the
4" so that he couldn't turn around, but would have to test to see if
they
will enter that small a pipe.

I was going to mount the thing like those little buckets on water
features
that fill with water, then tip over to drain all the water, so that
when
deceased smelly squirrel needs disposal, I shall just fill up with
water,
and it will dump over canyon wall, where it will be located. Will
also have
one under apple tree, current main squirrel target.

I have neighbors waiting for me to make and test these. BIG problem
with
these around here. I can become rich if this works. Will post
pictures on
flickr of construction, testing, and results.

;-)

Steve