Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Boric acid and DE

On Jul 12, 6:19*am, "cshenk" wrote:
"Steve B" wrote

"Oren" wrote
I tried the grits thing, and they either ate it or ignored it. *The
ants and hills are still there.
Ouch, tough crowd. *It's working here.
*I used the old fashioned grits.
Rebel ants, down south *are *particular.
They prefer _Dixie Lilly_, White Lilly (?).
Any grit made in Alabama, is a _goood_ grit.

Either that, or Utah ants don't know what grits are. *Like the regular
Utards. *You say "Grits" to them and they say, "Whuh?"

Grin, Either way, it's the main method I've used but then I'm trying to keep
the back yard safe for the dog as well. *If still working from an organic
aspect, Boric Acid is pretty safe. *You could mix some with sugar water and
soak the hills?

Just leave it granular and let the workerss carry the stuff back to
the queen.