Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OSSF - Texas

On Jul 11, 7:01*pm, BradMM wrote:
We bought a lake house in Texas and I've been reading the rules on
permitting an On Site Sewage Facility. *Since this is so close to the
lake, it will have to be an above ground tank and we have incinerating
toilets. *If it weren't for the kitchen sink, we wouldn't have any
blackwater at all.

I think this sounds fairly simple although I know it would be a lot of
work. *There's an existing system that no longer meets code
requirements so we have to make modifications. *So, connect the drain
line coming out of the house to a lift station, have an electrician
wire it, install the tank, hook it all together.

Is this worth $13,000???

Reed bed treatment ponds are much cheaper if they are allowed in your
area. No pumps etc needed either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed_bed#Treatment_ponds
http://www.johnstonsmith.co.uk/fact18.html