Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Running water in my garage

On Jul 11, 6:20*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:28:44 -0700 (PDT), in alt.home.repair, Evan

wrote:
On Jul 8, 10:31=A0pm, wrote:
What I want to do is add an outside water spigot on the front of the garage.

So here is a question in return to you...

If the install at the desired location (i.e. front wall of garage) is so
uber complicated that you are considering using alternative materials
to install that one run of pipe, why not save yourself some aggravation
and install the outside faucet on the laundry room wall and just buy
a longer hose ?

Some men will pound down a popped nail a thousand times instead of yanking
it out and installing a screw.

Hmm... *Sounds almost too simple...

Considering the number of unstated facts that you do not have and thus
cannot consider, yes, your solution is too simple and in fact does not solve
my problem. *But thanks for taking the time to suggest it.

--
Due to Usenet spam, emailed replies must pass an intelligence test: if
you want me to read your reply, be sure to include this line of text in

No, it is merely the easiest solution since you by your own admission
can't sweat copper pipes (which indicates you should let someone
else do this project as that is a basic fundamental task in plumbing)
and have no experience with the other types of plumbing you mentioned
(again by your own admission)...

And you are deluded if you think you will be able to fish a pipe or
some
sort of tubing down the inside of a wall without opening it up to
attach
it at several points inside the wall to actual structure...

So, umm yeah... Popping a faucet out on the wall of the "Previously
enclosed garage-to-house entry area that is now a laundry room" is
actually the simplest and smartest way to go for someone in your
situation if you insist on doing this work yourself...

It is ALWAYS easier for a DIY-er to buy a longer hose to attach
to the faucet than it is for them to install the behind-the-scenes
things that you need to know how to do in order to have that
hose bib located exactly where you want it... I would go with
the longer hose as it will save you a hundred dollars in materials
if you do the job yourself and close to $500 in labor when
you figure out you are in over your head and hire someone to
finish what you started...

I mean unless you were hoping that we would all be able to
guess what your unstated facts are, because GOOD advice
comes from people who possess a better awareness of the
situation, so you should have stated those facts so they
could be considered... I mean unless you were trying to
tell us all unconsciously by pointing out how poor your
rough in plumbing skills are that you were hoping people
here would talk you out of this...

Why not disclose the unstated facts and let us all know
why the hose bib needs to be precisely on the front wall
of the garage and that nowhere else within 10 feet on the
front of your house would fulfill the need of a water spout
to be used outside ?

~~ Evan