Posted to alt.home.repair
The Post Quartermaster The Post Quartermaster is offline

Default OSSF - Texas

"BradMM" wrote in message
We bought a lake house in Texas and I've been reading the rules on
permitting an On Site Sewage Facility. Since this is so close to
the
lake, it will have to be an above ground tank and we have
incinerating
toilets. If it weren't for the kitchen sink, we wouldn't have any
blackwater at all.

I think this sounds fairly simple although I know it would be a lot
of
work. There's an existing system that no longer meets code
requirements so we have to make modifications. So, connect the
drain
line coming out of the house to a lift station, have an electrician
wire it, install the tank, hook it all together.

Is this worth $13,000???

Most of the new county codes are now calling for those that spray the
water up in the air like a huge sprinkler system. Our neighbor put one
in and when the wind is blowing from his direction the odor just about
gags us. I refused our county inspector when they said we would have
to do that and we just put in a standard system with a pump that
pushes the water out through hundreds of feet of field line. But, yes,
the 13 grand is probably right on the money as the spray kind around
here runs between 8 and 10.