Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_5_] Oppie[_5_] is offline

Default Anyone have any schematics for Electric Fencers

No offense meant but you would be surprised at the number of folks who post
requests here and have *not* checked on google yet.
You did not clearly state your intent other than for the schematic so I
thought that general information could be inferred from several of the
schematics that came up on Google. If your are emotionally invested enough
in your charger, you could reverse engineer it and draw up a schematic. I've
done that plenty of times. Much more expedient though to either build or buy
a new unit.

The basic units have a DC bus of a few hundred volts that charge a capacitor
which in turn gets dumped into the primary of a high voltage transformer by
an SCR or DIAC (as you wrote). For AC line powered units, usually a an input
transformer and diodes generate the bus voltage. For DC powered units,
sometimes there is an inverter that steps up the battery voltage to a few
hundred volts. Others just use a transistor to switch a high voltage
transformer directly from battery voltage similar to an old school
automobile (kettering) ignition system.

Oppie
EE (NY, USA )

wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 22:34:47 -0400, "Oppie" wrote:

Google for "electric fence schematic" and take your pick.

No **** !!! Like I didn't already know how to use google.
I would have not asked on here if there was anything useful on google.
I spent a couple hours googling and found nothing but homemade ones
made from car ignition coils and even more crude ones. I'm looking
for a commercial one, particularly what I said in my orig. post.

wrote in message
. ..
I'm particularly looking for one for a Blitzer - model 8555A, but any
of the SCR driven ones should help. It contains a circuit board with
a SCR and another diode that works with the SCR (is that a diac?)
Has a capacitor discharge to a high voltage transformer.

This is probably a fencer from the 90's. The company was sold to
Zareba who no longer offers parts or a schematic.

James