Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window AC Compressor won't shut off

Stat itself; no relay.
Access from front.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
OK, so your saying a relay and not the thermostat itself?
I will have to get some help removing this unit, as it's pretty big
and heavy.
I am assuming I have to remove the outer cover/shell.
Will there be just 1 relay in there?
I should be able to open the relay and see if it's stuck or burnt
together.
Thanks, Tony

On Jul 10, 11:17 am, Joe wrote:
On Jul 10, 10:11 am, "
wrote:

snip
OK thanks, But would I still hear a "click" when I turn it (the
thermostat) from low to high?

Yes. The click is the coil pulling the relay armature down, but the
contacts could still be stuck solid. Try a new relay, and odds are
your problem could be gone.

Joe