Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff The Drunk[_5_] Jeff The Drunk[_5_] is offline

Default Window AC Compressor won't shut off

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 08:17:16 -0700, Joe wrote:

On Jul 10, 10:11Â*am, " wrote:

snip

OK thanks, But would I still hear a "click" when I turn it (the
thermostat) from low to high?

Yes. The click is the coil pulling the relay armature down, but the
contacts could still be stuck solid. Try a new relay, and odds are your
problem could be gone.

Joe

I cant recall seeing a thermostat labeled Low and High. Usually those are
fan speed settings. Does the low and high knob you are turning have some
extra travel in between the low and high or does it just click from low
to high?